Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Very Happy Mother's Day

The sun was barely out, the rain was sporadic, but a good time was had by all.      

When I checked into facebook early this morning (NO, I am not stalking my kids!), I spotted this:

For a girl who has been in NYC for 4 years, this is one of her first Star encounters and a very current one at that!  For those of you who don't watch American Idol, Allison Iraheta is the redhead who is a cross between Kelly Clarkson and Janis Joplin and only 17 years old!    Looks like she is a good sport to ham it up with Amanda and Preston in Times Square.   

I opened Amanda's  card and gift which were very sweet.   As her card said, "She is not too old to make arts and crafts gifts for her mommy!"   This is for my desk at work and it will go with me tomorrow.   She also phoned in addition to sending the weirdest e-card from Jib Jab!   I would link it here, but I don't know how.    


As for my other daughter, Alison, I did speak with her yesterday, and it gives me such pleasure to hear that she is adjusting to working two jobs and enjoying them, for the most part.   I expect to hear from her again today, later.   ....edited to add: Alison called after work and let me know that she painted me a picture and it will be on the way soon....to be continued.    I am the luckiest Mom in the world with the best kids!

After delivering a huge geranium to my Mom, we went out to lunch at Buca di Beppo, which is always good, if you like garlic....and we do!  This is the gift we each received: a nail file and nail polish.  Notice the color name:  Mamma's Marinara!!

I have begun working on my Ishbel shawl and here are the first photos.   Hard to believe that I spun such fine two-ply yarn, but it is working out nicely in this project so far.   I am using size 6 needles and will do the larger size.   I could always alter the number of lace repeats if necessary, but I have a while till I have to make that decision.

The rest of my day will be spent with my Insurance books, since I go that two day class this week and take the test on Friday.    I hope I can stay awake through all of it, because it is pretty dry and boring.   Here I go...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

lizzzknits said...

Testing, Testing, Bueller, Anyone???

Lupie said...

Your yarn is amazing and looks perfect with this shawl pattern!
I wanted to leave a commet on your latest post but was on able to. Check it out.