Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Score!


Yesterday was my birthday! And look what my friend, Sue, gave me:

This is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock that Rock- lightweight in the Color: Sapphire. Sue was up near Portland OR and her sister, who used to work in a knitting store, directed her to a wall and said, "Just choose any color and it will be perfect" and it was! This sock yarn is not available here in the Denver area at the stores and I had only seen it in person previously at Rhinebeck, where I picked up a skein in Mediumweight. All the patterns I like seem to be for lightweight and now I am so excited to cast on. Must...wait...til...I finish...the...other...socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other exciting news was that we had the first hummingbirds of the season right outside my kitchen window hovering at the hibiscus plants. Unfortunately, by the time I ran for my camera they were gone. I hope to winter these plants and put outside early enough in the season next year to become a regular stopping place for them. Here they are.. sans hummingbirds.

3 comments:

lunaticraft said...

That IS quite a score! Beautiful color.

And hummingbirds are just the best, aren't they? Our Fuschias always attract a few every summer. Ours don't like to stay put for the camera either, though. =D

bunnits said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love the yarn you got and also the lovely yarns on your blog header and the rest of your spun lovelies.

Hummingbirds--I have the worst time trying to photograph them, but they are so much fun to watch. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!!!