Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Very Happy and Hopeful Day

Today at 1 pm, I am going to pickup a Welcome Package and forms to fill out for my new career in the Financial Services industry. It will be as a part-time assistant at first, but I will have the opportunity and requirement to study for and pass the Series 7 exam within 4 months. It has been a long time since I have been in school, but I am smart enough and as long as the math involved is not Calculus, I am sure I can handle it.

I can't begin to tell you all how grateful I am to the woman who is brave and bold enough to take on a 58 year old woman with no personal experience in the field.

The only down side, is that I cannot leave my other part time position, which I absolutely loathe, for the time being and will be working 6 days a week for most of these 4 months of training. That won't leave too much time for my crafts, but they definitely will serve as relaxation. I will post as often as I am able to keep everyone informed of my progress. Who needs sleep anyway??

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Good luck, Liz, on new beginnings, a more hopeful future, and broadening horizons. Sending good thoughts your way.

lunaticraft said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well!

Ria said...

Good Luck - I hope training just flies by and you will be able to leave the other job behind!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good luck on the new job!

Lupie said...

I wish you much luck but I don't think you will need it.
We old timeer has so much more to offer and it is great to know some people see that.