Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Packing is a B***H

I should be doing one more load of laundry and gathering my underwear and cosmetics, but today I spent time looking through my high school yearbook ahead of the reunion. The book itself is a little worse for wear since we had a minor basement flood and the pages are a bit ripply and old mold signs are present. Here is me from 1968 and you can see that I haven't changed a bit!

I probably will notice that everyone else has REALLY aged! I have only seen a few of these people in the years since my 20th reunion in 1988 and am really looking forward to renewing old friendships.

I have also been packing my knitting bag:

I am especially happy to have this bag to take to Rhinebeck on Sunday and to see if I meetup with any fellow Ravelers and bloggers. If you are reading this and are going look for me. I hear that the weather will be good for wool, so the Kauni sweater is my sweater of choice that day because of all the bright colors.

In the bag will be the socks I mentioned on the last post if they are not finished, and this ball of sock yarn which should make a great pair on Monkey Socks for me, unless I decide to give them away.

I will also take my Golding Tsunami spindle and the rest of the Louet Northern Lights pencil roving which is almost finished, but I will wait to ply it till I get home.
I will also be bringing Ann Budd's Yarn Requirement chart booklet, and the wrap per inch chart and tool from Nancy's Knit Knacks.

I imagine it will be fuller after visiting the markets of Rhinebeck.

Edited to add: Computer Hell revisited. Two hours ago when I started this blog entry, I put my yearbook in the printer to scan my 1968 photo. The scan function did not work so I tried a few things and then phoned the Costco Concierge service which came with my new computer. Seems like my printer was not compatible with the Vista operating system without a download of a new driver. It was slow slow slow, but my personal concierge, Tony, who was in Florida and not Bangalore, had the patience of a saint. I put him on hold several times to get the mail, get my knitting, get a drink, etc. Two hours later, IT WORKS! Yay for the Costco Concierge, which not only is a great service, it extends the warranty an extra year to two years. If you have to get a new computer and you are as clumsy at everything as I am, it is a fabulous deal!

6 comments:

Tally Knits said...

Cute haircut in your yearbook photo! I wish I looked good in short hair. I love your Ravelry stuff... be sure to pack enough knitting!

Iron Needles said...

Have a great time! I am not only jealous of your Rhinebeck time, but you have a Ravelry bag AND button. Gosh. Liz gets all the neat stuff....

Michelle said...

LOVE the "galaxy" sock yarn. That will look awesome! My class reunion was just last weekend, but my friends and I skipped it. We still talk to each other, why do we want to see people who never talked to us? Love the Rav bag!

stitchywitchy

Ginny said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to Rhinebeck. I can't wait to read about all your hauls and adventures.

Dk's Wife said...

Have fun at your reunion. I have never kept contact w/ any of my classmates and have no desire to. Yeah, I'm a hermit :)

dkswife from the rav blog site.

Lupie said...

I look just like my 1970 year book picture! And then I woke up!!!
I must get on of those Ravelry bags.
Have a great time at your Reunion.