Monday, October 6, 2008

Making things even

Politics is everywhere. As we watch the ads night after night on TV, I recall the "equal time" rule. If Obama makes an appearance, then so must time be allowed for McCain. Last Saturday on Saturday Night Live, equal satire was heaped on both the VP characters from last week's debate. I will be glad when the election season is over and when we will know there will real "Change" in the White House. The election is Obama's as we stand now, so make sure you are registered to vote to make sure your voice is heard. I understand today is the last day to register, so get off the computer and get over to your local registrar before it is too late. Don't complain to me afterwards if you did not participate in the process. REGISTER!!!

Politics is everywhere even in the family and the lobbying is fierce. I have been reminded by Alison that she is not receiving equal time in Mom's blog......... I haven't gone back to count the number of mentions or photographs since I began in January, but it is true that Amanda has been here four times since January and Alison only once, and I will be seeing Amanda again in a couple of weeks when I travel east for my reunion. This is not favoritism here, not at all. Amanda has the funds and vacation time to travel more often than her sister. It is also true that I talk to Alison on the phone so often, that I think she wants to say, "Now what??" I love both my daughters equally and they are both in my thoughts constantly, even if far away. Picture a tear rolling down my cheek as I say this............

Alison, you make me laugh and smile everytime we talk. I love your spunkiness and miss you terribly when you are not here. I am very proud of the person you have become, of your success at your place of work, living alone in a new city, and making your life your own.


Amanda, you make me laugh and smile everytime we talk. I love your spunkiness, and miss you terribly when you are not here. I am very proud of the person you have become, of your success at your place of work, living alone in a new city, and making your life your own.


Equal words for equal love. If you think they are twins or identical in any way, you are crazy wrong, as they can be as different as night and day on almost any scale of determination. I bore them, raised them, and set them free ---- happy with results.
As for the photos, I count 4 of Alison and only one of Amanda.... Ok, Alison, does that make things even? And I don't want to hear any more about this!


2 comments:

knakedknitter said...

You wrote the perfect statements about your kids!

Iron Needles said...

Well played, my friend and fellow daughter-mother...well-played!