Saturday, February 2, 2008

Denver Creative Festival


The Denver Creative Festival at the Merchandise Mart seemed mostly about sewing, quilting and embroidery crafts. However, it was worth going to talk to the several knitting and yarn artists. Philosophers Wool, Cheryl Oberle, Textiles A Manos, Interlacements, and Oak Grove Studio were there with yarn, patterns, beads, etc. Another exciting booth was the TACtile Textile Arts Center, which I had never heard of. It is in Tamarac Square and offers classes and a gathering place for social crafting. Have to check that out. I did some serious damage to my budget while there and will have to go on a yarn diet for months for this wild build-up of my stash.
On another totally different note, we had the coolest weather last night. THUNDERSNOW !!!! I don't remember anything like it although I do remember the Yarn Harlot posting about it. The snow that fell from the sky was like miniature soft snowballs. Not hail, but like gropple. Really neat, but not to drive in. Thunder, lightning, the works.

No comments: