Tuesday, September 9, 2008

End of an Era

When I turned 50 in the year 2000 and my baby began to drive, instead of buying her a car, I bought a dream car for myself and gave her the Mom-mobile, a Toyota Camry which she is still driving to this day.

Today we sold the Mazda Miata and I am very sad. It was hard to watch her drive away with someone else in the driver's seat. I want to cry and all I could do was take a walk around the neighborhood, and have a huge glass of wine when I got home. Let's have a moment of silence in her memory.

3 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Oh, Liz! I get so attached to my cars, too. I understand.

Anonymous said...

But did you get another car? This could be a new beginning as well as the end of an era...

She Knits Socks said...

I'm like you. I always think of the fun things we did in the car. But you will have fun in the next car too.