Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Today I am a blogger!


On Saturday, I officially became part of the the Ravelry family, and today I join the blogging community. For consistency's sake ( but really because I have so many screen names, user IDs, and passwords, I have chosen Lizzzknits for ravelry, flickr and this blog. Mind you, my life is more than knitting, but I seem to be spending a lot of my free time either knitting, shopping for knitting, reading online about knitting and showing off my knitting.



My first blogging project is the Kauni sweater. So far, so good. My gauge is right on and I haven't had to tink back too much. I am knitting this together with a group of ladies at my LYS for the camaraderie as well as for the help. I have never steeked a sweater before, but I see each project as an opportunity to learn more and just the thought of taking scissors to my knitting has me terrified. The color changes of this yarn have been interesting and I like the way it is turning out, except maybe for the one time yellow suddenly was spliced with red for no reason. I guess I could have wound out some yarn to make the change more gradual, but this will make my sweater unique, to say the least. Unfortunately, it is near the front and center.


So there you have it. My first post.






No comments: